Happy “Left Handers’ Day” everyone! I might be a bit biased since I am a leftie myself, but I think that left-handed people are some of the most creative and innovative people out there! 🙂 So in honor of our special day today, I thought I’d share 10 of my best “hacks” for left-handed folks, as well as a few interesting facts about lefties! For the right-handed people reading this post, you’re very welcome here, so don’t worry. (As long as you share this post with all your favorite lefties!) 😉
Left-Handed Facts & Figures
- Only 12% of people are left-handed, and males are twice as likely as females to be left-handed.
- Left-handed people are, on average, 15% richer than right-handed people.
- On the other hand (heh heh), left-handed people are 3x more likely than right-handed people to struggle with alcohol addiction.
- Four of the last seven U.S. presidents have been left-handed.
- Some notable lefties include Michelangelo, Bill Gates, Marie Curie, David Bowie, and Mark Twain. (So you’re in good company!)
10 Hacks Just For Lefties
The “accessibility” category in your smartphone’s settings menu should have options that make it easier for lefties to access different parts of the screen.
2. Computer Mouse
If you would prefer to use your computer mouse with your left hand, you can easily change the mouse settings. Set it so that the right-side button is the primary button for selecting, and set the left-side button as the secondary button.