23 Amazing Ways To Eat A Baked Potato For Dinner
So many delicious options.
Courtesy of Buzzfeed
Uhhhhhhh, nah-nah nah-nah.
Look at the hot, buttery potato. In its simplest state — with just a little butter and some kosher salt — that thing is going to be completely delicious. Now add herbs, cheese, meat, veggies, and you’ve got a great (and probably cheap, sequester-friendly) dinner on your hands. Before we get into all the topping possibilities, here’s how to make a baked potato:
• Use a russet potato — the dirty-looking brown kind, not the waxy kind — because it’s starchy and works best for this kind of thing.
• Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
• Scrub the potato clean under water, dry it with a towel, then poke a few holes through to the center of it with a fork.
• Bake the potato for one hour or until tender.
• Slice into it, fluff it up inside with a fork, then add butter, salt, and pepper.
Now you know the basics. Here are some other ideas.
1. Sweet Potato With Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese, and Honey
Roasted grapes might seem a little strange, but their sweetness pairs with goat cheese really nicely. Find the recipe on How Sweet It Is.
2. Baked Potato With Ricotta and Tomato
Kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and some good olive oil tie it all together. Find the recipe here.
3. Swiss Chard and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potato
Bright, colorful, and super-healthy. Find the recipe here.
4. Baked Potato with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
5. Beef Shoulder and Black Bean Chili
For a heartier meal. Find the recipe on The Gouda Life.
6. Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
A classic combination. Find the recipe on A Couple Cooks.
7. Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Cashew Cream
8. Samosa-Inspired Baked Potato
Peas + curry + mustard seeds. Pretty next-level. Find the recipe here.
9. Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potato
So much healthy stuff happening in this sweet potato. Find the recipe here.
10. Pepperoni Pizza Baked Potato
11. Baked Sweet Potatoes With Feta, Olives, and Sundried Tomatoes
Very Mediterranean. Find the recipe here.
12. Grilled Vegetables and Sausage Baked Potato
Bookmark this recipe for summertime.
13. Sweet Potato with Pecans, Cranberries, and Apples
14. Skinny Twice-Baked Potato Bites
Lots of “fat-free” ingredients going on here, but they still look pretty good. Find the recipe here.
15. Sea Salt Baked Potato with Arugula
Baking potatoes with lots of sea salt makes them incredibly delicious. Find the recipe on 101 Cookbooks.
16. Cranberry and Pancetta Sweet Potato with Balsamic Glaze
17. Eggs Baked in Potato Skins
This is simple and delicious. Find the recipe here.
18. Southwestern Baked Potato
A potato is a great way to hold all that beef, beans, onions, and corn. Find the recipehere.
19. Breakfast Baked Potato
Underneath those tomatoes and avocados is a bed of fluffy eggs. Not a bad way to wake up, huh? Find the recipe here.
20. Spiced Chickpea Sweet Potato
A cozy tomato stew swaddled in a sweet potato blanket. Find the recipe here.
21. Spicy Chili Baked Potato
There’s just so much going on in this potato. Find the recipe here.
22. Spinach and Prosciutto Sweet Potato
23. Stuffed Sweet Potato with Pecan and Marshmallow Streusel
This one’s basically a dessert — and obviously tastes just like Thanksgiving. Have it year-round with this recipe.