What makes Carrot Juice so nutritious is that it contains a large amount of beta-carotene, vitamins and potassium in it.
- Improves Immunity And Controls Heart Diseases: Beta-carotene makes it a rich source of vitamin A. It also helps improve the immune system. The abundance of vitamin A in carrot juice can help improve your sight and the daily intake can prevent the onset of heart diseases and strokes (1). Vitamin A in addition keeps the lining of the internal organs healthy in order to prevent it from being infected by pathogenic organisms.
- Reduces Cholesterol: Here comes an amazing benefit of carrot juice. The potassium present in carrot juice can reduce cholesterol levels. It is good for the liver as it reduces fat and bile in it. Potassium, along with manganese and magnesium stabilizes blood sugar level, thus helping to reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Aids In Clotting Of Blood: Vitamin K present in carrot juice helps blood to clot.
- Heals External Wounds And Gums: Vitamin C helps to heal wounds and keeps the gums healthy.
- Prevents Cancer: It also acts like an anti-cancer agent. Increased intake of carotenoids in carrot juice has been said to decrease instances of bladder, prostate, colon and breast cancer.
- Protein Building and Bone Health: Vitamin K, present in Carrot juice is essential for the protein building process in the body. It also helps in the binding of calcium that in turn leads to the faster healing of broken bones. Potassium present in carrot also helps to improve bone health.
- Cleanses the Liver: Carrot juice cleanses and detoxifies the liver. Toxins in the liver are released from the system and excreted after regular consumption of carrot juice. The bloodstream cannot rid the body of toxins and bile through the kidneys. This has to be ejected from the skin. Carrot juice aids this process and ensures harmful bile is removed from the body. When the liver functions well, it prevents the accumulation of fat and aids in its rapid digestion, preventing weight gain and obesity.
Beauty Benefits Of Carrot Juice:
But for the women, carrot juice is not just about good health, but also about looking beautiful. Beauty benefits include:
- Reduces Dryness And Scarring: Potassium helps reduce skin dryness and reduces scars and blemishes. It also gives life to your skin by improving the skin tone. It will also help improve hydration and thus keep your skin moisturized.
- Prevents Acne: Since it is high in essential oils, it also helps prevent acne by detoxifying your body (7).
- Source Of Vitamins Needed For Skin: This juice effectively acts as a vitamin supplement for your skin. It also contains so many healthy nutrients that it can reduce skin related problems like eczema which is caused by deficiency of vitamin A, dermatitis and rashes.
- Controls Sun Damage: The beta-carotenoids which help in photosynthesis in plants, help reduce sunburn and also increase the skin’s resistance towards sun damage.
- Fights Ageing: The beta-carotenoid when entering the body changes into vitamin A and reduces cell degeneration and thus slows down the aging of the body. It largely improves the amount of collagen in the skin and thus helps in maintaining elasticity and hence reducing the visible signs of aging like sagging skin and wrinkles, as collagen is what accumulates in our body and keeps it firm and healthy.
- Hair Care: It also increases hair growth.
- Nail Care: It also increases nail strength .
Carrot Juice For Prenatal Care:
Carrot juice is especially considered to be beneficial for prenatal care as it improves the health of the expectant mother and child.
- Lactation: Carrot juice intake during pregnancy improves the quality of their breast milk, as it will be enriched in vitamin A. Since vitamin A helps in cell growth it is especially beneficial in fetal growth.
- Prevents Infections In Unborn Child: When taken during the last 3 months of pregnancy, it reduces the chance of dangerous infections in the child.
- Calcium Supply: It also acts as a very rich source of calcium.
Carrot Juice and Weight loss:
Definitely an eye catching topic among the uses for carrot juice! Carrot juice is extremely filling, and because of low calorie count, it is the best natural health drink for a person who is trying to lose weight. It contains a large amount of natural sugar, so you don’t have to add additional sugar to it. Juicing together carrot, apple, celery and cucumber is a very healthy recipe for a good weight loss drink.
- Muscle Growth: Vitamin A helps our body to heal after a strenuous workout and aid in muscle growth. Phosphorous in carrot juice builds, repairs, and maintains muscle;
- Increases Metabolism: Carrot Juice also contains a large amount of Vitamin B complexes which help in breaking down glucose, fat and protein. So it helps in building muscle, increasing our metabolism and thus helping in weight loss. Vitamin B complexes also help to reduce stress and depression, which usually holds back weight loss. Phosphorous in Carrot juice boosts the body’s metabolic rate; ensures optimal use of energy in the body and decreases pain after a workout.
- Increases Oxygen Carrying Capacity: The amount of Iron in carrot juice can increase the oxygen carrying capacity of the body, thus helping us do more workouts to lose weight .
- Energy Consumption: Phosphorous helps the body to use up more energy while doing work.
- Controls Sugar Levels: Magnesium and Manganese present in Carrot Juice can stabilize sugar levels and help to reduce weight due to diabetes.
- Aids Digestion: Since carrot contains a large amount of fiber, it can help in digestion and makes you feel fuller for longer.
- Cleanses the Body: Carrot juice cleanses the body and rids it of any toxins, aiding weight loss. Fresh raw carrot juice cleanses the digestive tract of toxins, waste, indigestible material, which in turn cures and prevents obesity.
How to Consume it Right?
It should be mentioned that although carrot is such a healthy vegetable, eating carrot as Halwa with loads of ghee, sugar, cashew and raisins cannot be considered healthy. No matter how healthy you say it is, it will never be as good as carrot juice with no added sugar and milk. Yes, No carrot milk either. But it’s just as yummy without the milk too. Many people love the natural taste of carrot juice, but you can also add other fresh juices, such as orange, lemon, ginger or mint to give it a different flavor. Juice of carrot and cinnamon together forms a very healthy antioxidant rich drink which can reduce cancer, high blood pressure and diabetes. It is said that drinking fresh carrot juice is better than eating it raw because the nutrient content will be even more concentrated in the juice.
Ensure you drink at least one tall glass of carrot juice each day to burn fat and get the fab, svelte body you have always yearned for! Get that glowing and beautiful skin you love! Do you drink juice as part of your weight loss regime? Is carrot juice a part of your diet? Do share with us in the comments section.