This means they’re basically salad, right?
1. Cherry Pie Bars
Almond flour replaces regular flour in these gluten-free bars. You can also swap coconut oil in for the butter. Recipe here.
2. Coconut Oil Chocolate Chunk Cookies
A dairy-free alternative for Toll House lovers. Recipe here.
3. Healthy Flourless Black Bean Avocado Brownies
These use black beans instead of flour and avocado instead of butter, so what I’m saying is that they’re a health food. Recipe here.
4. Raspberry-Currant Yogurt Crumble Cake
You can use whatever berries you want in this gluten- and dairy-free cake. Recipehere.
5. Banana, Almond, and Chocolate Cake
Guys, this cake is made with almond flour, cocoa powder, bananas, oil, and maple syrup, which makes it breakfast appropriate. Recipe here.
6. Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies swap butter for coconut oil, and agave for refined sugar. Recipe here.
8. Raw Chocolate Tart With a Cashew Coffee Crust
So decadent and yet also raw, vegan, and gluten-free. Recipe here.
9. Raw Vegan Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
The base of this “ice cream” is cashews and bananas, plus maple syrup for sweetness. Recipe here.
10. Baked Blackberry & Blueberry Crumble
Use whatever ripe, in-season fruits you have on hand for this crumble, which only has 6 tablespoons of maple syrup in the entire batch. Recipe here.
11. Chocolate Hazelnut Torte with Salty Date Caramel and Coconut Cream
Pretty and special enough for raw, vegan dinner parties. Recipe here.
12. Honey Cashew Morning Buns
Normally, cinnamon buns are essentially swimming in brown sugar and butter. This recipes swap in an unsweetened dough and a lighter honey glaze. Recipe here.
14. Crunchy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Store-bought PB cups usually have partially-hydrogenated oil and lots of sugar. These use coconut oil instead and only have 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, total. Recipe here.
15. Shattered Blueberry & Yogurt Cake
To “shatter” this gluten-free cake, you basically tear it into chunks and pour the yogurt topping in the cracks. You can also serve it whole. Recipe here.
16. Carrot-Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese
There is no ~added~ sugar in this cake. I repeat, no added sugar. Apple juice concentrate sweetens both the frosting and the cake. Recipe here.
17. Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
There’s only 1/3 cup sugar in these gluten-free chunkers. Recipe here.
18. Chocolate Chia Ice Cream
Chia seeds add ~body~ to mimic the custard in normal ice cream. Recipe here.
19. Frozen Salted S’More Sandwiches
Okay, these takes a little bit of ~work~ to make your own gluten-free graham crackers and dairy-free ice cream, but the payoff is well worth it. Or, shortcut it with store-bought versions. Recipe here.
20. Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
These vegan shortcakes are made with whole-grain spelt flour. Recipe here.
21. Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies with Sea Salt
It may sound crazy, but the chickpeas replace the butter and just fade into the background. Recipe here.
22. (Almost) Instant Chocolate Chia Pudding
Chia thickens the pudding and dates add sweetness. Recipe here.
23. Pomegranate Brownies with Cacao Nibs and Sea Salt
Switch out the butter for coconut oil and you’ll still have really fudgy brownies. Recipehere.
24. Banoffee Pie
Almonds form the base of this dairy- and gluten-free crust, and the “whipped cream” is actually made from coconut milk. Recipe here.
25. Almond Pistachio Ice Cream
Cashews and coconut milk make this vegan ice cream super creamy. Recipe here.