27 Clever And Unconventional Bathroom Decorating Ideas
Sometimes an odd touch is what takes a room from dull to designer.
Courtesy of Buzzfeed
1. Replace the mirror with a chalkboard.
Wouldn’t you so much rather read some inspirational profound quotes than see what you look like on this dreary morn?
2. Paint an entire wall with chalkboard paint.
3. Paint the radiator a crazy color.
4. Upcycle an old bicycle into a bathroom sink.
5. Hang a row of plants.
Plants in a sunlit bathroom add tons of character.
6. Make a sliding barn door the entrance.
7. Hang your towels on a rustic ladder.
8. Replace a shower curtain with an umbrella.
Won’t work for all bathrooms, obvs.
9. Divide space with a screen.
A pretty great idea if you have an extra-large bathroom and live with roommates.
10. Or use a screen instead of drapes.
11. A chandelier can make all the difference.
12. Paint the tub.
13. Don’t be afraid to hang tons of art.
They might not be practical, but if you clean them and switch them out fairly often, it’s totally worth it.
14. Paint your curtain rod black.
Your silver shower curtain rings will look just a little more stunning.
15. Paint the whole bathroom black.
Forget everything you heard about white paint making a space seem bigger. Black paint with white fixtures can look elegant, not cramped.
16. Use multiple mirrors instead of just one.
17. Cover one wall in floor-to-ceiling shelving.
18. Add windows to a windowless bathroom, even if they’re not to the outside world.
This is a great solution for a studio apartment, where chances are, the only real windows are in the living area. This way, you still get a little bit of natural light in your bathroom.
19. Replace sconce light fixtures with moveable arm lamps.
This seems to be a huge trend in bathrooms going on right now.
20. Instead of shower curtains for your bathtub, try a canopy.
21. Trade typical sliding shower doors for the more industrial look of salvaged windows.
22. Instead of tile or linoleum, paint floors with a high gloss.
Using a stencil adds a graphic element. Get more information about this processhere.
23. Paint the insides of cubby holes bright colors for a kids’ bathroom.
24. Circular shower curtain rails add an adorable retro feel.
25. Spell something out with mosaic tiles.
26. Stack crates for casually effortless storage.
It’s like you’re not even trying to be organized.
27. Throw up some decals for a temporary decorating solution.