Shout out to the humble potato.
1. They’re the crispiest thing on the table.
Recipe for butter roasted potatoes here.
3. They basically double as dessert, which is never a bad thing.
Roasted sweet potatoes with marshmallow and coconut recipe here.
4. Marshmallows for dinner? Mom, you’re the best.
This is what I always dreamed being an adult would be like. Twice baked sweet potatoes with marshmallows and pecan streusel recipe here.
5. They are the perfect vessel for things like SOUR CREAM, God’s creamy, tangy gift to potatoes.
Recipe for sour cream mashed potatoes here.
6. You can pair them up with other vegetables, like PUMPKIN, and they don’t mind at all.
Recipe for pumpkin mashed potatoes here.
7. Probably because they’re a match made in heaven.
Pumpkin + cheddar scalloped potato recipe here.
8. You can turn them into a pie, just like magic.
Basically just baked mashed potatoes with some awesome vegetables underneath. 10/10, would eat. Recipe for vegetable shepherd’s pie here.
9. Or bread! Which may or may not be helpful in the absorption of excess wine.
(if there is such a thing as excess wine.) Recipe for cheddar potato rolls here.
10. You can sprinkle them with CORNFLAKES and be everyone’s hero.
Just upset I didn’t come up with this myself. Recipe for crunchy mashed potatoeshere.
11. They are just waiting to be smothered with entire heads of roasted garlic.
Recipe for garlicy smashed potatoes here.
12. Allllllllllllllll the roasted garlic.
Recipe for creamy roasted garlic potatoes here.
13. They’re definitely the cutest thing on the table.
Just LOOK at those lil’ guys! Recipe for cheesy potato stacks here.
14. They’re so adorable, I just want to pinch their lil’ potato cheeks.
Recipe for rosemary sweet potato stackers here.
15. It’s the perfect opportunity to use obscene amounts of cheese.
Recipe for cheesy scalloped potatoes here.
17. You can douse them in all the ~honey butter~ you want. Go ahead, they don’t mind.
PSA- Honey butter on anything is fucking awesome, but especially on sweet potatoes. Recipe for rosemary roasted sweet potatoes with honey butter here.
18. They might be the easiest (and prettiest) thing you make all day.
Roasting these in foil helps them cook faster, so you can eat them sooner. Recipe for potatoes roasted in foil here.
19. They don’t even have to try that hard; they are effortlessly beautiful.
Oven-roasted Parmesan potatoes recipe here.
20. I mean, STUN-NING.
Recipe for lemon and parsley roasted fingerling potatoes here.
21. At this point, who even cares if there is turkey?
Orange-glazed sweet potato recipe right this way.
22. Any excuse to drown myself in brown butter, really.
Recipe for mascarpone mashed potatoes with sage brown butter here.
23. Toss them with some greens and they’ll *still* steal the show.
Roasted potatoes with lemony broccoli rabe recipe here.
24. They can be made in a slow cooker, which frees up stove top and oven space, which is the greatest Thanksgiving gift.
Recipe for Crock Pot candied sweet potato casserole here.
25. Oh these? Just a little something I whipped up in my slow cooker.
Recipe for slow cooker Parmesan potatoes here.
26. They love to bathe in olive oil as much as you do.
Recipe for shallot-braised potatoes here.
27. And don’t mind a quick dip in fig jam.
I mean, who would mind? Recipe for prosciutto and fig jam roasted potatoes here.
28. They’re the OG gluten-free side dish.
NO GLUTEN ALLOWED. Sage and brown butter roasted potatoes recipe here.
29. There are multiple ways to mash a potato, which means multiple ways to find true happiness.
Green onion and cilantro give these sweet potatoes a ~savory~ vibe, which I am very into. Recipe for mashed sweet potatoes with cilantro and walnuts here.
30. Like these, which are just COVERED in cheese.
Have mercy. Recipe for cheesy mashed potatoes here.
31. And these, which get baked, which is basically like making one giant fluffy potato pillow.
Must. Bake. Potatoes. Twice. Recipe for baked mashed potatoes here.