37 Ridiculously Awesome Things To Do In Your Backyard This Summer
Summer is ready when you are.
Courtesy of Buzzfeed
1. Build a fairy garden.
It’s a little bit of pure magic in your yard. Make one easily out of a birdbath or a tree stump.
2. Bury that trampoline.
It’s actually safer than an above-ground trampoline, and much more aesthetically pleasing too.
3. Combine that in-ground trampoline with a SPLASH PAD.
Epic times ahead. Head on over to Splash Zone for more info.
6. Create a giant bubble with plastic sheeting and a fan.
Just be sure to supervise during this activity.
7. A tarp and sprinkler will create a fun splash pad for a slide.
The sprinkler keeps the tarp wet for a full day of fun splashing.
9. Make an epic pillow quilt for backyard slumber parties/movie night.
10. Build a swimming pool out of bales of hay.
That’s right. I said BALES OF HAY.
11. Host a picnic with vintage rugs.
All your photo ops will look straight out of a Free People catalog.
12. Make a “wee village” garden.
Your child will have so much fun playing with this miniature village, and it’s a great way to get them outside.
13. Make a butterfly feeder.
They luuuurrrve overripe fruit!
14. Cover rusted swingset chains with pool noodles.
They also add a little pop of color to an otherwise drab backyard.
15. Play a refreshing game of water balloon piñatas.
16. Sunflower forts > blanket forts.
At least in the summer.
17. Make a convertible sandpit/seating area out of pallets.
The full tutorial is here.
18. Use your slackline for zip-lining instead.
20. Or a rope course.
22. This reading nook will give you so many enjoyable future summers.
23. If you’ve got the landscaping skills, build a secret passageway.
24. Create a garden teepee.
25. Or a willow den.
26. Create your own mini golf course.
27. For your summer BBQ: Make a game of beer pong battleship created out of styrofoam.
Take a shot when a ship is sunk.
28. Write an inspirational quote on a brick wall with moss graffiti.
Get the recipe here.
29. Make a giant rug loom out of an old wooden frame.
30. Angry Birds IRL is actually much funner than the phone version.
32. Get the whole family in on a game of Twister.
Spray paint isn’t awesome for your lawn, but all the fun you have will make it 100% worth it.
33. Spring for a giant inflatable movie screen.
It’s 12 feet wide, people.
34. Use cardboard boxes for a drive-in movie night.
You’ll be hosting the ultimate sleepovers.
35. Turn your shed into a livable space.
36. Create a puppet theater out of vines and tree stumps.
Nature play at its best.
37. Hide your pool.
Possibly more ridiculous than awesome, but one can dare to dream.