So pretty, so easy.
1. If you don’t want to wear a full face of makeup, just filling in your eyebrows can make a huge difference.
2. Stuck on how to get the perfect cat eye? Use a credit card to make a foolproof line.
3. But if your eyeliner is still a hot mess, use a pointed cotton swab and concealer to clean up any mistakes.
4. Toilet seat covers make excellent oil blotting sheets.
5. Out of blush? Use lipstick instead.
Use your fingers to dab lipstick onto your cheeks, then blend.
6. Contouring can be as simple as the number 3.
Follow Joan Smalls’ simple pattern.
7. Mix a little peppermint oil into your lip gloss to give your lips a plumping boost.
Cinnamon oil also works well!
8. Use your lash curler to get the perfect eyeliner sitch.
9. Want to fight puffy eyes? Keep your eye lotion in the fridge.
The cool gel will be soothing and can help reduce inflammation in the eye area.
10. Use a business card or note card to get the best mascara line.
See exactly how to do it here.
11. Always test your foundation shade on your neck, not your arm, for a perfect match.
12. Use a white or light eyeliner to really make your eyes pop (or hide how tired/hungover you are).
13. Get every last drop out of lotion by cutting off the top of the bottle.
14. Scrape out every last drop of foundation/bronzer/shimmer before you have to schelp out to the store again.
Because nobody needs extra schlepping. This spatula wand thingy will help you do it.
15. To get the most out of your mascara, stick it in your bra for a few minutes to warm it up.
It’ll work magic on your lashes and curl so much better.
16. If you’ve run out of eyeliner, but have mascara, it can do double duty.
17. If you don’t want your makeup to move an inch, spend $11 on some Ben Nye Final Seal.
It’s a makeup sealer that professionals use to keep makeup from sweating off or sliding off your face and basically your new BFF if you’re planning on going dancing or running or doing something super active.
18. If you want to fake fuller lips, applying light pencil in the center of your lips will do the trick.
19. Just because you’ve hit the snooze alarm a zillion times, doesn’t mean you can’t look good:
Check out these super-simple makeup routines.
20. Use the one and done philosophy: If you’ve got only a short amount of time (or energy), play up either your eyes or your lips, not both.
And if you don’t feel like going crazy with your eyes, a quick comb of an eyebrow brush and a swipe of mascara can usually do the trick.
21. If sleep isn’t on your schedule, you can use this helpful highlighter cheat to look more awake.
22. Prime your eyes with white eyeliner or eyeshadow to really make your colorful shadows and liners stand out.
23. If you want to make your flaky, clumpy mascara last longer, mix a little contact solution in.
But if you’ve had it for longer than three months, toss no matter what. You DO NOT NEED/WANT an eye infection.
24. Too lazy to wash your face at night? Keep face wipes by your bed.
Boots, Skyn Iceland, Josie Maran, Ole Henricksen, and Burt’s Bees all make awesome and easy-to-carry wipes.
25. If you don’t have makeup remover, just use coconut oil.
26. An easy way to look less tired? Use your concealer correctly.
27. If you want a smudgy eyeliner look but only have a regular kohl pencil, heat up your pencil over a stove burner for a few seconds to soften it.
28. Give yourself a healing foot treatment while you sleep.
Apply peppermint moisturizer or Vaseline to your tired and cracked feet, and then throw on some comfy, cushioned socks. And head to bed. That’s IT. Wake up with soft, smooth feet.
29. If you got a problem, yo, I’ll solve it:
Something something something zzzz Vanilla Ice lyrics.
30. Use a tiny brush and some nail polish remover to get rid of polish around your cuticles.
31. For quick and cute nail art, use this cool bandage trick.
32. If you don’t want to bother getting a full manicure (and who does?), you can easily clean up your nails with this simple recipe.
33. Ombre nails take a lot of work. Or not!
Use this simple sponge method to apply several colors of polish at once! No waiting for several shades to dry before your nails are done.
34. Add a little bit of cornstarch to a glossy polish to give a matte finish.
35. Get rid of pain-in-the-ass glitter polish with this tinfoil trick!
Soak a cotton ball in remover, put it on your nail, wrap the nail in tin foil, and let it chill for 10–15 minutes. After that, it’ll wipe right off!
36. To avoid extra polish messing up your cuticles, put Elmer’s glue around your nails before you paint them.
Once everything is dry, peel it off and you’re good to go!
37. Save time curling your hair by putting it up in a ponytail first.
Just curl the ends and then take down the pony. Details here.
38. Tame annoying flyaways with a little bit of hairspray on an old toothbrush.
39. Bonus! Use an old toothbrush to clean out your clogged hairdryer.
40. If you don’t want to bother with fixing and refixing your hair all day long, spray your bobby pins with hairspray before you put them in.
41. Save so much time by drying your hair with a T-shirt instead of a towel.
Tees are way more absorbent and will get your hair dry a lot faster!
42. Want cute curls without bothering with a curling iron? Try this easy, no-heat curl method!
Get the whole tutorial here.
43. Make dry shampoo your BFF.
For those in-between, forget-it-I’m-hitting-snooze-again days. Dry shampoo will help your hair look OK and not like a walking ball of pizza grease. Give Amika Perk Up! Dry Shampoo a go.
44. Screw showering: Just wash your roots in the sink.
That’s where all the dirt and grease collects. And it takes half the time to dry.
45. If you’re really not feeling your hair, just stick it up in a pretty turban or scarf.
Your hair will totally understand.
46. Fake longer hair by giving yourself two ponytails instead of one.
Hide the second ponytail underneath the first and your hair will instantly look longer and fuller.