Have you ever obsessed over the perfect menu only to realize you have forgotten one crucial item: the appetizer? If you don’t want to serve something difficult to make and don’t have time to research inspiring hors d’oeuvres ideas, then try this baked goat cheese.
Quite possibly the world’s simplest dish, baked goat cheese is just that, cheese that’s cooked in an oven-safe dish. Serve it with fresh baguette, crostini, or your favorite crackers.
If you wish, transfer the hot cheese to a nicer serving dish.
- 8 to 12 ounces marinated goat cheese or feta, broken into large chunks
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Sliced baguette or crackers, for serving
- Mash cheese and thyme together in a small ovenproof dish, and bake at 325ºF for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the dish from the oven and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with sliced baguette or crackers.
- Serves 8