Share your abundance of left over Thanksgiving turkey by stuffing some beautiful Crescent Roll Cornucopia with homemade turkey salad.
- 6 sugar cones wrapped (or 6 metal cream horn forms)
- Non-stick tin foil
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- Egg wash: 1 small egg mixed with a splash of water
- 3/4 pounds cooked turkey, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Wrap 6 sugar cones with non-stick tin foil. Alternately, you can also use metal cream horn forms, if you have them.
- Unroll a tube of Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated seamless dough sheet on a cutting board. Use a pizza wheel or knife to cut the sheet into a nice rectangle. Cut that into 8 even strips, lengthwise.
- Wrap one strip of crescent roll dough around each sugar cone leaving a little bit hanging off at the pointed tip. Cut the remaining two strips of dough in half lengthwise. Twist two of those strips together. Cut the twisted strip in three pieces. Repeat.
- Brush egg wash over the wide edge of dough on each cone. Wrap one twisted strip around the wide end of each dough wrapped cone. Press to seal the edges together.
- Set wrapped cones on a non-stick tin foil lined baking sheet. Brush egg wash over the dough. If youd like your cornucopia to have a curved tip, roll up some tin foil and set it under the tips. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until nicely golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove the cone by twisting it and pulling it out of the crescent roll. Allow crescent roll cornucopia to cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Toss together turkey, mayonnaise, celery, red onion, and dried cranberries. Stuff crescent cornucopias with turkey salad. Set cornucopia on lunch plate. Add more turkey salad spilling out of the cornucopia and serve.