We love to play and explore with sidewalk chalk during the warmer months. We have
shared lots of chalk recipes over the years, but this simple glow-in-the-dark chalk remains a favorite among our readers.
- 1 cup of Plaster of Paris
- 1 tbsp of glow-in-the-dark or fluorescent paint
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- Ice cube trays or silicone molds
- Begin by mixing the glowing paint and water together in a bowl, using one bowl for each color of chalk that you wish to make
- Continue to mix each bowl until all of the paint is dissolved
- Then, add 1 cup of plaster of paris to each bowl and mix until combined.
- Once the ingredients are mixed spoon the varying mixtures into an ice cube tray, packing tightly. You want to really pack the chalk into your mold for it to hold its shape and consistency.
- After several hours your chalk will be set! We left ours to dry for roughly 12 hours. We also popped the chalk trays in the freezer for ten minutes just before play
- Use your homemade chalk to decorate the trampoline and make it glow!
- Make amazing character art on the pavement after the sun goes down
- Build a glow-in-the-dark chalk town and roadway.
- Head outside and create art during the day; this chalk even works in the daylight!
- Make wet chalk art that glows!
- Try this wet chalk art idea using glowing chalk