My kids absolutely loved the glowing egg dying activity that we did a few years ago, so I sought to create it again, this time with another fun twist!
Glow Dye that POPS!
For All the Best Kid Activities
Kids love things that glow-in-the-dark! And do you know what else they love?
Combine these two things with egg dying, and you have an EPIC play-time that the kids will not soon forget! Are you ready to give this one a try?
You will also need:
- Plastic cups
- Paper towels
Making the Dye
In a cup combine:
- one tablespoon of glowing paint
- 1/4 cup of very warm water
- Stir well until the paint is mixed into the water
- Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to the cup, and then fill with more water (room temperature is fine) leaving enough room in the cup to submerge the eggs.
Repeat the above steps, preparing one cup for every color of dye that you wish to make.
Dying the Eggs
- Have kids submerge hard-boiled eggs in the colored dyes, allowing the eggs to sit in the dye for 3-5 minutes.
- While the eggs are sitting in the dye kids will have a blast using their super cool flashlights to play & explore the glowing dyes!
- After a bit of glow-in-the dark exploration you can move on to the FIZZY-POP FUN.
Adding the FIZZ & PoP
My kids absolutely loved this activity & are already begging to do it again. That makes this activity a play-time favorite in my book!
A Few Tips: For the best results you will want to use a black light for this activity. My kids loved using these black light flashlights! You can find them on Amazon here.
The paint that we use for all of our glowing activities is available on Amazon here. The colors are super vibrant, and the bottles are huge, meaning that the paint lasts for a really long time.