Are you familiar with water beads?
If you are unfamiliar with water beads they are tiny polymers that fill with water. They are most commonly used for keeping plants and flowers hydrated. They can be found in the floral section of most stores or on Amazon here.
They are a truly amazing sensory material for kids, and there are tons of fun ways to use them in activities! Are you ready to blow the kids away with GLOWING water beads?
- Begin by squirting a dollop of paint into a bowl, using one bowl for each color of water beads that you wish to make.
- Add very warm water to the bowls and stir until all paint is dissolved into the water.
- You now have a variety of glowing water colors!
- Add clear water beads to each bowl, and allow them to soak in the bowls of fluorescent water for several hours.
- As the water beads soak they will fill with water and expand.
- Add more water to the bowls as needed.
- In 4-6 hours your water beads will be ready for play!