Have you been wondering what is the best plant to grow at your home, and yet to be inexpensive and easy? The answer is garlic. Did you know that by eating a whole head of garlic every day you can do miracles for your body? Garlic is a very simple ingredient but with extraordinary health benefits.
Garlic is composed of selenium, phosphoric acid, essential oils, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, D, B, nitrogenous substances, sodium, calcium, silicon, sulfuric, phytosterols and extractives. And plus garlic is rich in phytoncides, such as allicin, which is formed during the mechanical destruction of the plants, that is – grinding or crushing the cloves of garlic. Some researchers confirmed that allicin has a strong bacteriostatic effect which helps cure infections easier and faster. Garlic can also fight fungal infections very effectively, which makes garlic a much more valuable medicine than that of many of today’s antibiotics.
How to Grow an Endless Supply of Garlic Indoors
Things You Will Need
- A container
- Potting soil
- A head of garlic
- All you need to grow garlic indoors is one good garlic head.
- Put potting soil in a large container, then break garlic cloves apart and sow every clove vertically into the soil at a depth of approximately 1 inch.
- Cover all of the cloves with the Cover them with approximately 1 inch of soil.
- Place the pot in an area with plenty of direct sunlight.
- Like any indoor plant, you must keep a eye on the soil and water it when it starts to dry out you will need to refill it.
- When the greens reach about 3 – 4 inches of height clip them off, leaving about an inch or so for it to re – With time the greens will stop growing.
- When it dries up and turns brown, dig the clove of garlic out of the soil and you should have a full bulb. Take a clove from that one and start over!