Here is an easy and fun activity that the kids are sure to love!
With just a few simple ingredients you can make dinosaur eggs that magically hatch as kids play! Doesn’t that sound so cool?!? Read on for the recipe.
- Miniature dinosaurs
- 1 large box of baking soda (to make 8-10 eggs)
- A large bowl
- Food coloring (optional)
Mixing the Dough
- Add the baking soda to the bowl. Add several drops of food coloring if color is desired. We used brown food coloring to make the eggs look realistic.
- Add water in small amounts and mix. SLOWLY add more water and mix until the desired consistency is reached. You want the mixture to be damp and mold-able but not too wet.
- Place some of the dough in your hand, and then lay a mini dinosaur on top. Cover the dinosaur with more of the baking soda mixture and then form it into an egg shape in your hands, tightly securing the dinosaur inside.
- Once you have formed the desired amount of dinosaur eggs lay them on a baking sheet or similar to dry overnight. The dough dries hard- the end result being perfect dinosaur eggs.
She found a few creative ways to free the dinosaurs before using the vinegar. She loved using the sticks to chisel into the eggs. The sticks worked great for freeing dinosaurs!