If you have a sweet tooth but you’re on a weight-loss journey, this banana bread breakfast smoothie is the answer to your prayers – a sweet drink that’s actually good for you, thanks to its protein status. Clinical and holistic dietitian Esther Blum finds that her clients start to shed pounds with more ease once they begin to eat more protein, since high-protein foods take more work to “digest, metabolize, and use, which means you burn more calories processing them.”
Clocking in at over 34 grams of protein per serving, this tasty beverage will regulate your appetite, keeping you full and satisfied all morning long. Chopped walnuts are tossed into the mix for their nutty flavor and anti-inflammatory benefits, while the addition of metabolism-boosting cinnamon ties the smoothie together for dessert-inspired perfection.
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 medium banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Enjoy immediately!
Source: Calorie Count
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Calories per serving