Easter is almost here, and my girls are getting pretty excited! Today, I asked them if they wanted to try making jelly bean paint so that they could paint pictures for the Easter bunny. They were so excited! Here is what we did.
- Jelly powder in assorted colors
- Neon food coloring
- Cups or bowls
- Optional: Jelly beans
- Begin by pouring the desired amount of jelly powder into a bowl, using one bowl for each color of paint that you wish to make
- Add a few drops of neon food coloring to the bowls, matching the jello powder color to the food coloring color.
- Then, slowly add water in very small amounts and stir. Slowly add more water until the desired consistency is reached. You can add more or less water to create different paint consistencies
- That’s it! Then it is time to paint! Kids can use brushes
- You could also give them jelly bean candies to dip into the paints and use to mimic a traditional marble painting technique.
- This jelly bean paint had the most incredibly fun texture! My girls painted for quite a while, and our whole house smelled amazing for hours after they were done!