When you are carving those pumpkins this year why not save
the seeds and use them for arts, crafts, and other creative activities?
Following this simple recipe you can make your own colorful pumpkin seeds that glow in the dark!
- Begin by adding the desired amount of pumpkin seeds to a zip-seal bag, using one bag for each color of pumpkin seeds that you wish to make.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of neon paint to each bag along with a bit of water (we used roughly 1/4 cup)
- Seal the bags and have the kids mix and shake them until all of the pumpkin seeds are saturated in color. Allow the pumpkin seeds to sit in the bags for roughly twenty minutes.
- Then, lay them out on a cookie sheet or similar to dry.
- Once dry you will have super vibrant neon pumpkin seeds!
We began by making beautiful Fall tree art.
- Make glowing pumpkin seed necklaces.
- Use neon seeds to make this “s” is for seed craft.
- Make paper plate pumpkins using neon pumpkin seeds.
- Make Indian corn.
- Practice counting with pumpkin seeds.
- Add pumpkin seeds to Fall play dough play.