- 1 package (16.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar , divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine , melted
- 2 tablespoons (1-oz. bottle) red food color , divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese , softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 oz.) dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond pan sides. Lightly grease foil.
- 2. Stir together cake mix, cocoa and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside 1/2 cup cake mixture. Mix remaining cake mixture with melted butter, 1 tablespoon red food color, water and 1 egg until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Press dough evenly on bottom of prepared pan.
- 3. Beat together cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until well blended. Beat in sour cream and remaining 2 eggs. Set aside 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture; pour remaining mixture in crust, spreading evenly.
- 4. Beat reserved cake mixture, reserved cream cheese mixture, remaining 1 tablespoon red food color and milk until well blended. Drop by tablespoons onto vanilla batter in pan. Swirl with knife for marbled effect.
- 5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate until chilled. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 24 squares.