Kombucha-lovers, take note: this dessert might just become your new obsession. Inspired by orange-flavored creamsicles, we concocted a nice cream float with your favorite tummy-taming energizing drink, kombucha. Watch this video to see how to make this yummy dessert and then check out the recipe below so you can easily make your own.
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen banana
- 3 tablespoons frozen organic juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bottle of citrus kombucha (we used Brew Dr. Citrus Hops)
- Whipped coconut topping
- Orange zest, optional
- Place the whipped coconut topping in the refrigerator to thaw for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place the mango, banana, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla extract into a food processor and process until you have a smooth and creamy mixture; make sure to stop the machine and scrape down the sides a few times. Place the mixture in a bowl and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- While the ice cream is freezing, fill a piping bag with the whipped topping.
- Once ice cream has frozen, layer the ice cream and whipped topping in a cup and fill the cup with the kombucha. Top with more whipped topping and orange zest. Cheers!
- 2 12-ounce servings