This may be the new emerging treat. A man from Bourbon in Kansas died subsequent to tick bites. The man further referred as Patient Zero was proven that he died from the newly-discovered illness, the Bourbon virus which got the name by the county where the first victim died.
According to the Centers for Disease Control was announced that many more cases of Bourbon Virus may have already occurred but have not yet been identified due to the recent identification of the illness.
The manifestation of the virus:
At first appears as dark red spot that grows following thick bites in the area. Unfortunately there is still no treatment for the Bourbon virus which resembles Lyme disease.
It shows symptoms like headaches, mood swings, joint pain, fatigue, red rashes, and bowel problems.
None of the antibiotics work for the virus so the researchers will have to search for a cure.
So far, only eight confirmed cases have been identified in the United States. Seven of the confirmed cases resulted in a fatality while one individual in Oklahoma was able to affect a complete recovery although doctors are unsure as to how this was possible. With no known cure, doctors are recommending that avoiding tick bites is the only reasonable precaution that people can take at this time. The CDC and the Kansas Department of Health are working to develop a simple test to quickly identify future cases of Bourbon Virus.
The veterinary researchers are still working to conclude whether the Bourbon Virus can be transmitted to wild animals or pets and veterinarians advise all pet owners to protect their pets with year-round tick protection.
In the United states are increase the level of ticks and that’s may be the reason for the appearance of the Bourbon disease. Mason Richard, a veterinary parasitology at the National Center for Veterinary Parasitology in Oklahoma warned, “Due to the relatively mild winter overall and wet conditions in spring, ticks levels are now higher than ever.”
According to CDC the first victim was healthy and under 50. Only couple days after sustaining numerous tick bites the Patient Zero started to vomiting, feel weakness, experienced diarrhea and finished in hospital. While doctors are still working to determine the exact nature of the Bourbon Virus, one seemingly correlated result is that individuals with the disease have low counts of white blood cells and platelets as well as elevated liver enzyme levels. Unfortunately, despite urgent treatment, the Bourbon Virus has fatal results within two weeks.
According to some researches made form CDC Bourbon virus comes from the microbial invaders known as Thogotoviruses. Opposite for the Zika and malaria viruses which grow inside the guts of mosquitos, thogotoviruses require an arthropod host, and that include the common deer tick. Similar viruses have been identified in Africa after two people died of what may be Bourbon Virus but could be a related thogotovirus. Bourbon Virus, once confirmed as a new viral invader, will be the first known thogotovirus to infect human beings in the Western hemisphere.
Since you know that a treatment still is not found try to protect yourself on the old fashioned way. If you are spending some time outdoor keep on mind to wear light long sleeves and pants. Use insect repellant. If by any chance you do get bitten by a thick immediately seek medical attention.