15 Fresh Spring Dinners You Can Make In A Slow Cooker
All hail the Crock Pot.
Courtesy of Buzzfeed
1. Lemon-Braised Chicken with White Beans and Mint Pesto
Make a big batch in either a slow cooker or dutch oven, then freeze some of the leftovers for later. Get the recipe.
2. Springtime Minestrone
Crisp spring favorites — like carrots and asparagus — are front and center. (And topped with cheese!) Get the recipe.
3. Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa
The pork is marinated all night, simmered all day, and topped with fresh mango and avocado. Get the recipe.
4. Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Prep your chicken with some simple spices and aromatics, then let it cook all day.Get the recipe.
5. Chickpea Stew with Tomatoes and Apricots
Serve over a bed of couscous or rice. Get the recipe.
6. Farro with Leeks, Asparagus, Peas, and Parmesan.
You’ll cook the farro in the slow cooker, and the greens on the stovetop. Then you’ll combine everything in a glorious Crock Pot union. Get the recipe.
8. Shrimp and Barley Risotto with Spinach and Fresh Artichokes
Making risotto on the stovetop means stirring obsessively. Making risotto in the slow cooker means stepping back and watching the magic. Get the recipe.
9. Carrot & Ginger Soup
Ginger, cumin, and a dash of Sriracha balance out the sweetness of the carrots. Get the recipe.
11. Pot Roast with Beets, Potatoes, and Peas
Step one: Cook everything on low for 8 hours. Step two: Dig in. Get the recipe.
12. Creamy Mushrooms Topped with Gremolata
The gremolata — chopped parsley, garlic, and lemon zest — packs a ton of flavor, and brightens up the savory mushroom farrotto. Get the recipe.
13. Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
Chicken + salsa verde + spices = easiest taco filling ever. Get the recipe.
14. Slow Cooker Vegetable Stew
Simmer down, everyone. Get the recipe.
15. Thai Chicken with Squash, Peppers, and Peas
Even better than takeout. Get the recipe.